Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inside Man

This Spike Lee film featuring Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, and Willem Dafoe is a great film.

I have watched it a total of 3 times now and I like it more and more each time that I watch it. I am not sure if I was just oblivious the first two times I watched it or if others have had this same experience but, I am still catching things I missed the previous 2 times I watched it. Without trying to spoil the film I will suggest that if you are watching this film to pay more attention to the Rabbi than you might think you need to.

This is the story of a masterful bank robbery that uses the hostages as a part of the plan to rob the bank.

Denzel Washington delivers a decent performance but I felt as if Clive Owen's role was a little soft. That being said this film completely overcomes any individual performance and is quite enjoyable.

4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

hortinthewho said...

While watching this film I noticed a small error. I thought about noting it in my original post but didn't since I don't think the error has any bearing on the rest of the film.

At 2 hours 1 minute and 52 seconds Denzel Washington's character, Detective Keith Frazer, is putting his gun away. He pulls the gun out of the holster removes the magazine and sets it down. If you will notice the magazine is empty. He then racks the slide, presumably to ensure it is unloaded, and nothing comes out. So I either this is an error in the prop's or his character has been carrying an empty gun the entire movie.