Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Reader

This is the Story of Micheal Berg and Hanna Schmitz. The story starts with a teenage Micheal Berg being ill on the streets when Hanna stops to help him. Months later after recovering from Scarlet Fever Micheal returns to thank Hanna and they begin a secretive affair. With time the relationship deapens as Michael reads to Hanna until Hanna mysteriously disappears. Several years later their lives intersect when Micheal is in college and is observing the Nazi War Crimes Tribulans and sees Hanna as a defendant. Mecheal knows a secret that could help Hanna in her defense.

This was a touching film. It was much better than I expected and I was truly touched by it. I don't want to spoil the ending but this film didn't end like I expected, twice.

This is truly an excellent film that I would recommend seeing but it does contains several longer scenes with nudity. That said, I still give this film 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

NateDredge said...

This was my favorite film of last year.

hortinthewho said...

I can certainly see why. I really enjoyed it.