This is a 2002 release from New Line Cinema featuring Adam Sandler as Barry Egan, a small business owner who's seven sisters constantly interfere with his life. Barry appears to have some anger issues and then when a harmonium and a mysterious woman become involved in his life some things begin to change. All of this is complicated by Barry's falling victim to a scheme run by operators of a sex talk phone line. Eventually Barry stands up to everyone and everything changes.
I am not if I fully understood this film, the imagery at times is strange and perplexing. When it comes to the interaction between Barry's new romantic relationship and his confrontations things seem normal but most everything else seems to be fleeting.
I have trouble deciding whether or not I liked this film. I liked parts of it but in the end the inability to feel like I fully understood the movie leaves me somewhat in the middle of the road. 2 out of 5 stars.
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
1 comment:
This movie is an ode to the lonely and frustrated. I was impressed.
Post a Comment