Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Bear (1988)

I remember well when this film came out. I remember watching it as a kid and being mesmerized by the film. At the young age I was I didn't fully grasp the implications of the film but thought it was impressive. Here we are now 13 years later and the film is still striking and beautiful. I was thoroughly impressed with how 13 years later the movie was still capable of holding my attention and seeming relevant to today.

This is the story of Youk The Bear who was orphaned when he was extremely young. Youk meets the Kodiak and begins following him around. Youk and the Kodiak must avoid hunters to remain at top the food chain.

Very good film that is still interesting and relevant today. 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

NateDredge said...

I finally saw it a few years ago, I found it to be a one time viewing type of movie.

hortinthewho said...

I think I could watch it more than once, and in fact I have, but I think there would have to be some time that passed in between.