I think everyone is vaguely familiar with this movie, it is a movie that was made with video shot during rehearsal for Micheal Jackson's London concert series. As everyone is familiar, as they rehearsed for the shows Micheal Jackson was experiencing sleeping problems and was given anesthesia that he never awoke from.
Growing up I was not a fan of Micheal Jackson, I never really listened to a lot of his music and I made jokes of his troubles. The most exposure I had to his music was watching the videos of some of his hits as they aired on MTV. So for me this film was probably the longest exposure I had ever had to Micheal Jackson in a single sitting and I will tell you that in watching this film I was thoroughly impressed.
I found myself enjoying the music and I also realized how dedicated Micheal Jackson was to his music, how much he enjoyed putting on a show, and just how good he was at it.
Watching this film it was easy to set aside all of the jokes and the memories of hi personal problems and just appreciate Micheal Jackson for the musical genius that he was.
3 out of 4 stars
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment