Sunday, March 13, 2011

Click (2006)

This is a 2006 release from Columbia Pictures featuring Adam Sandler as Micheal Newman, an architect and father who has trouble standing up to people and keeps putting off life with his family in a vain and never ending attempt to get a promotion at work.

One night a tired Micheal sets off in search of a universal remote. He ends up at a Bed Bath and Beyond and ventures into the "Beyond" department where me meets a salesman named Morty (Christopher Walken). Micheal ends up getting a universal remote that is capable of controlling his entire universe. He soon discovers that he can mute his beautiful wife Donna (Kate Beckinsale), fast forward through dinner with his parents and pause life. With time the remote learns Micheal's preferences and begins fast forwarding through large chunks of time until Micheal can no longer slow it down and liver or enjoy life.

While I generally enjoy Adam Sandler movies I had a hard time with this one. It was as if they couldn't decide whether to make a potty humored Adam Sandler flick or one that was semi-serious punctuated with comedy. At times the film works very well and there is a nice chemistry between Sandler and Beckinsale and then there's a dog humping a stuffed animal that ruins it.

Not my favorite Sandler film, you should probably skip this one. 1 1/2 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

NateDredge said...

You right, this is not a very good movie, but at the time I saw it about 2 ½ years ago I guess I was really in the mood for something like this as I gave it a good review. It also might be do to the fact that every movie that has Christopher Walken in gets an extra star just for that.

NateDredge said...

http://hisotherband.blogspot.com/2008/06/click-2006.html