Saturday, January 16, 2010

Die Hard

This is a 1988 release from 20th Century Fox starring Bruce Willis, Bonnie Bedelia, and Reginald VelJohnson and Alan Rickman.

This is an older film (I didn't realize till today that it was from 1988) but is still very entertaining and fun to watch. I think I genuinely enjoy watching this now as much as I did when I was a kid. This of course also kicked off a very successful series that has kept Bruce Willis capable of being an action star ever since.

Officer John McClane (Bruce Willis) flies from New York to LA to visit his wife, Holly Gennaro (Bonnie Bedelia), and kids. Shortly after his arrival at Holly's work Christmas Party at Nokatomi Towers a group of terrorists lead by Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) arrive and take control of the building and all of the employees hostage. After Mr. Takagi (James Shigeta) is exicuted Officer McClane begins to thwart the terrorists efforts and tries to get the attention of the LA Police so they can come interfere. After nearly killing Sgt. Al Powell (Reginald VelJohnson, whom I don't recall being in many other movies) he gets the attention of the Police and the FBI, which actually falls into the plans of the terrorists to try and get $65 million in untraceable bearer bonds from the Nokatomi vault.

This is a very enjoyable film, some of the physics are unrealistic but for the most part it does pretty well. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

No comments: