This is a 1998 release from Touchstone Pictures that was directed by Micheal Bay.
When it is discovered that an asteroid the size of Texas is headed to earth a plan is devised to try and split the asteroid in two to prevent it from destroying planet earth. The plan requires the expertise of the worlds best deep core drilling team led by Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis). It soon becomes apparent that the astronauts selected to conduct the mission won't be able to learn the equipment and the tactics of drilling fast enough for the mission to succeed. Instead the drilling team of Harry Stamper, AJ Frost (Ben Afleck), Chick (WIll Patton), Rockhound (Steve Buscemi), Oscar (Owen Wilson) and Bear (Micheal Clarke Duncan). Supported by leaders on the ground the drilling team works through a number of obstacles to hit their depth and split the asteroid.
I remember that even when this film came out parts of it were cheesy but I also remember the excitement involving Liv Tyler and how "hot" she was. I also remember the Aerosmith video.
Like I said, the film has it's cheesy moments but is a decently entertaining film (if you can deal with seeing every plot turn coming). 2 out of 5 stars
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment