I think this is probably my favorite of this generation of the Batman flicks. If I could only pick one from this generation I would pick Batman Forever. This was a Tim Burton production but was a Joel Schumacher film.
Val Kilmer takes up the role of Batman in this film and personally I think he played the best Batman of the series (I have liked just about every Val Kilmer film I have seen, so I am openly admitting my bias.). The villains in this film are the Riddler (Jim Carrey) and Harvey Two Face (Tommy Lee Jones). And of course this is where Batman picks up his sidekick Robin (Chris O'Donnell). I liked the development of the Robin character in this film (though I didn't really care for him in Batman and Robin, but I will discuss that when reviewing that film) and thought it was every bit as compelling and fun as the rest of the film. The development of Jim Carrey as the Riddler was also very entertaining and mesmerizing.
I think this is by far the strongest of the Batman films in this series. 3 out of 5 stars.
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment