This is the second movie in this generation of Batman films and was another Tim Burton Film. As with the first Batman Tim Burton creates wonderful imagery and a hypnotizing Gotham City.
Micheal Keaton seems as though he beefed up substantially for this film (perhaps it was just special effects) and I think it makes him more impressive as the Batman character without taking away from his portrayal of Bruce Wayne. I did have some problems with the villains in this film. Cat woman seemed like a fine villain and I felt like the part was portrayed well by Michelle Pfeifer. My was with the Penguin character. Danny Devito played the part extremely well, I think my problem with more conceptual. I never much cared for how the character came to be, the personality of the character, some of the choices, nor the imagery when he is on screen. I understand that I am not intended to like the villains, but most of the villains I can understand or connect too. Not Penguin though.
Despite not liking the villains as well I still like the film. 3 out of 5 stars.
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment