This is the final installment in this generation of Batman movies, thankfully. I really did not like this film very well. In this installment in the Series Tim Burton is not a titled partner and it was noticeable. They still tried to stick to much of the imagery that had been created in the earlier flicks but the spirit and character of it felt lost.
George Clooney takes up the role of Batman at this point, and while I thought he did well as Bruce Wayne I did not think he was as good of a Batman as Val Kilmer. I honestly sometimes have felt like he was brought in to get women into the theaters and I think the compromise was felt. I felt that the Poison Ivy villain (Uma Thurman) was the better of the two villains in this film. Arnold's voice and everything else just grated at my nerves all the way through the film. In fact when I thought back to my early memories of the film I had actually cut the Mr. Freeze villain out all together and only remembered the parts with Poison Ivy.
I also felt that someone was pushing way too hard for the character of Robin and I felt as though the film suffered somewhat as a result. The inclusion of Batgirl also felt like a stretch, the character development was short and lacking. I also didn't much care for the gratuitous but and breast shots as they were getting into their costumes/uniforms.
2 out of 5 stars.
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment