On Halloween Melinda and I hosted an all day Halloween Party. At our party we watched all of the Batman Movies. Over the next few days I will post my review of each of the Batman Movies.
This is the first of the Batman Movies and was directed by Tim Burton. While I have frequently had trouble relating to Tim Burton films I had a surprisingly easy time connecting with this film. In this movie the part of Batman was played by Micheal Keaton. Watching this with memories of the more recent Batman's I was somewhat caught off guard by how small Micheal Keaton appeared in this film (he seems noticeably buffer in the second film).
Everything seemed to come together well in this film but it seemed a bit slow, probably because I am used to the newer Batman's.
2 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Jumping ahead and Spring Break....
14 years ago
1 comment:
It's also kind of surprising how good this movie still is in relation to the new Batmen movies. We think of the Chris Nolan films as doing all the Batman inovation, but the Burton films certinly gave us a new 'Batman' then we had ever seen b4. Keatons casting works because you totally buy him as Bruce Wayne, and can understand why no one would suspect he was Batman.
Post a Comment