Saturday, December 12, 2009

Scrooged

This movie was released in November 1988 by Paramount Pictures and stars Bill Murray.

Frank Cross (Bill Murray) is a TV Executive for a station that is planning a live broadcast of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve. Soon Mr. Cross is visited by ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future.

Of course this is a comedic adaptation of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol but sometimes we all need a bit of humor. I think Bill Murray is in nearly every frame of this movie but he does a good job of carrying the film. The only parts I can think of that don't frame Bill Murray are those where they are setting him up for something painful.

Fun film, 2 out of 5 stars.

4 comments:

NateDredge said...

This movie gets a lot less likable as time goes on, I can hardley stand it now, but loved it when I first saw it.

Unknown said...

I agree with Nate. The movie has some redeeming qualities but the Albert Finney version of "A Christmas Carol" is much better.

hortinthewho said...

I haven't seen the other version of it but I have also only seen Scrooged about 3 or 4 times.

NateDredge said...

Albert Finney version is one of the best. I also quite like the Alister Sims version.